🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

The bonus of keeping bonuses

Started by
0 comments, last by Tom Sloper 8 years ago

Hi!

I am looking for ideas of the bonus of keeping bonuses. The player received some units in some cases but some of them are completely useless at the current time. Or they can be used effectively but could be lost. I need a reason for the player to decide to keep them but not because they will be useful later. Also could be a decision to use them directly or to "collect" them with some other effect. For example: you got some things done and got some generals. 10 soldiers and 8 generals... Most generals will stay in the base, they are too expensive to be lost in battles. But, in other hand, completely useless in such number.

If the player keep them for some time there should be some positive change.

1. Or maybe they could be transformed (disassembled) for something which will give... what?

• Spare parts - no, it is pointless. New parts will be cheap enough;

• new units of the same type upgraded when build - pointless, too expensive;

• new abilities for the same unit type; ?

2. Or placing them in a specific place and they will generate knowledge? I saw this in Celtic Kings where druids in some magic places are doing some magic. Or they could generate something else.

3. Selling them - no, noone to sell, the game doesn't allow trading, only enemies.

4. Generating new free unit for a given time - may become too much.

5. Converting one of the units after a period into another, better type of unit, that can not be produced directly. Maybe that is not so bad.

I am really running out of ideas. :blink:

Advertisement

I am really running out of ideas. :blink:

What I do is put that on the back burner while I work on other things. The need remains in my mind,
and over time more ideas usually appear.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement