🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Promoting your games

Started by
-1 comments, last by Slated.io 8 years, 1 month ago

Hi Gamedevs!

Firstly a huge props to everyone making awesome games!

I'm currently working on a project to help game developers promote their game releases directly to gamers through a simple online web app.

I'm reaching out with a few questions to help shape our service and gauge some interest.

To give you some context we will be providing users with a simple calendar which shows release dates which can be filtered by region/platform/genre etc. Each game will have a small amount of information and links to your website and/or a link to purchase the game.

1) Company size? (1 man band, 2-5, 5-10, 10+)

2) What time during your development do you start thinking about promotion?

3) Do you have a budget for promotion? ($0-$99, $100-$499, $500-$999, $1K+)

4) How far away from release date do you lock in your release date?

5) What are some of the tasks you have to do pre & post release?

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to help us with their input, we promise we will try our very best to make our platform a simple and extremely worthwhile tool for gamedevs and gamers alike.

If you would like to sign up to be alerted when we're live, you can sign up at: http://slated.io/

Thanks again,

Thom from Slated.io

If you'd like to chat please reach out via Twitter: @Thom_Wheeler I really don't mind at all.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement