🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Customizing the character

Started by
1 comment, last by Abdou23 8 years, 1 month ago

So let's say I have a spaceship, and the player gets to choose what features or abilities to add to that spaceship( armour, weapon, wheel, etc) and each of those features or components has several different types. What would be the best approach of doing that? I

The scene where the player is doing all that is like this:

1- The spaceship node in the middle surrounded by different buttons representing different features.

2- When you touch any button a menu appears with all its available types.

3- Each feature is a subclass of main class Feature()

4- Finally the player clicks a button to create the ship with all the features he selected. ( how to implement this part?)

I hope I was clear enough, any help would be much appreciated and by the way I'm using SWIFT & SpriteKit

Advertisement

Are you looking for help designing the parts/ships or programming the customization? If it's the later, you may find better look in the game development forum. Otherwise I'm not all too sure what your'e asking. Do you know what parts of the ship will be customizable?

Will Design Games For Food.

Are you looking for help designing the parts/ships or programming the customization? If it's the later, you may find better look in the game development forum. Otherwise I'm not all too sure what your'e asking. Do you know what parts of the ship will be customizable?

It's a pure programming question, and as I mentioned the exact part I want help with is point Number 4 in my original post.

PS: I thought this section was about designing the game as in the architecture of it, not the assets or art, I will be creating a new thread in the programming section.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement