🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Our Ghosts of War - A 400km2 World War 2 Sandbox Survival Game Developed in UE4

Started by
73 comments, last by JumpCheck Community Mgt 6 years, 6 months ago

Completed Bazooka with Shell.

M9A1_Final.jpg

Twitter: [twitter]ourghostsofwar[/twitter]

Advertisement

In love with Quixel Megascans.

1_3126.jpg

3_2007.jpg

After a ridiculous 24 hours awake I've uploaded our Git repository with movement, river currents, megascans, light, medium, and heavy rain, wind mists VFX, and cleaned up code. We've also purchased a server on Amazon and got networking running on that. Feels nice to have the project coming along guys. The plan for the rest of the month includes incorporating the following systems into the game. They will then be refined as we test our gameplay.

01. Advancement Movement Mechanics

02. Bird Life

03. Spawning
04. Inventory system
05. Building system

I like this idea of this game so far, its coming together nice. I really like the weapon models and the type of setting you chose. I'll be keeping an eye out for your progress. One thing I did notice however is the cement textures seem a bit too consistent or clean, or perhaps too flat. Adding some good variation to the color and depth might help with the realism.

Fog of War is a system that makes it that players must actually explore the game world before the map reveals to them what's there. So all the players on one team exploring a game level will fill out the map for that level for all the players on their side.

You might consider transitioning over to game dev journals on this site which will enable you to segment what is in all likelihood going to be a sizeable thread. This would better enable traffic and feedback to your posts imho.

You might consider transitioning over to game dev journals on this site which will enable you to segment what is in all likelihood going to be a sizeable thread. This would better enable traffic and feedback to your posts imho.

Awesome! Thanks for your advice! Will jump on that today.

Began work on our animal AI. You can see how the rats in our game will scatter when approached.

SEPTEMBER 2016 PROGRESS REPORT

-- Buildings
-- Inventory
-- Rain
-- Militarypedia / UI
-- Birds
-- Advanced Cover System
-- Social System
-- Running and Gunning
-- River Currents

OCTOBER 2016 Progress Report

-- Adaptive Binaural Wind
-- Spawning
-- Team Selection
-- Saving
-- Rat Animal AI
-- Health, Stamina, Hunger, Hydration, and Temperature
-- Achievapedia

Our Ghosts of War got health and other systems working!

Hi,

Are the hunger and hydration counters set to run faster than normal for testing?

I think at present your player gets hungry and thirsty way too quick and loses too much health because of it. Is this intended for now to demonstrate the mechanics?

I like how it works though. Do you intend for different food and drink artifacts to affect the hydration and hunger to different levels? Also, what about food items that actually dehydrate, e.g. certain powdered foods?

Keep up the good work!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement