🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

pod racer or wipeout

Started by
4 comments, last by Blackson 8 years, 1 month ago

Which mechanic works better. Racing or Zone control. Can they coexist or would having both mechanics in one sim be too extreme?

I have created a prototype A.G. racing "lite-simulation" (some modified physics). It works well and captures the essence of "pod-style" racing. Now I wonder if adding weapons and powerups is "over-cooking" the core mechanic.

Take a look and let me know what you think!

some game play video:

title2_Wallpaper.jpg

Advertisement

I think it's all up to personal taste. I prefer some combat in my racing, like Wipeout, though one of my favorite modes of Wipeout was also the endless mode, that had no weapons, just ever increasing speed.

This is what I am leaning towards with my thoughts. Some tracks work better for battle, some for straight up racing (I guess I could even say some sections of tracks - that could be interesting, a "mixed mode"), thanks for that!

Which mechanic works better. Racing or Zone control. Can they coexist or would having both mechanics in one sim be too extreme?

What's the Zone Control mechanic?

Zone control is the pickup/weapon system

Try the Demo : https://bernardbell.itch.io/windswept

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement