🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

More Questions

Started by
3 comments, last by Ashleywlee 22 years, 7 months ago
Well first of all I know that 3d modeling software is expensive. But where could I get some cheaper prices for the 3d modeling software? What I would like to do is make some games and sell them (not priting or anything of the sort). So my question is where could I find some software like that would be cheap enough (around $500) so that my friends can use so that we can make games and sell them? I know first we will make free games but then we would have to make money to buy supplies and make more games.
Advertisement
Google.
A few good alternatives:
quote: Post by Jonus on http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=66963
IMO there is no real alternative to 3DSMAX.
GMax is from discreet too and shares the same interface than Max. Milkshape is shareware. Blender in free.

About the price of maya ... don''t make me lough(sic).

This may sound obvious but it is best to make sure, 3d modelling software doesn''t allow you make games only model 3d objects, which you can use in your games.

You''ll need a compiler and (for a more comfortable time) an IDE to produce the games. VC++ is a good choice and so are Borland products. There are also quite a few free alternatives available as well.

I''ll figure that you should also spend a bit of money on books and invest a lot of time ...
This may sound obvious but it is best to make sure, 3d modelling software doesn''t allow you make games only model 3d objects, which you can use in your games.

You''ll need a compiler and (for a more comfortable time) an IDE to produce the games. VC++ is a good choice and so are Borland products. There are also quite a few free alternatives available as well.

I''ll figure that you should also spend a bit of money on books and invest a lot of time ...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement