🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by
2 comments, last by C++C++C++ 24 years, 5 months ago
Worrning some what rude post ahead..... Hello I am just sooo T''ed off right now I search and search can''t find it on the web can''t find it in books and the one place where I figures it would be *here* and its not why is the no info on programming the game logic. All the info I allways see is how to program the engine but what if you already have one out of the many out there what next I may be new to programing but I''d still like to know how C++ makes the game logic. Ya it''s great and all the you guys talk about the same info thats out all over the web and is easy as hell to find but what of the info that is not coverd anywhere unless I''ve mist a source but I dout it I''ll eat a 31/2 disk if any one proves me rong which would be great but I highly dout it. Is it that that sort of info is some kind of secret like a magictions magic ticks or what. Ive been searching for over a Month and still cant find crap. So whats up with that why is that info not out there. I mean whats the point about posting the same old stuff here why not something new I.ve read this forum from the beguining and its just the same stuff day in day out. sorry for the rudeness and long post but it needed to be said...... P.S. when I say game logic I mean the interface between user and charater i.e. interacting with the enimies, status, how much damige, example in a basic game like DOOm lets say how dose one program his inventory or wich weapon dose what or how much it takes to kill him and so forth....................... ************
Advertisement
Logic is talked about here. Most people post questions about building their engines because you gotta have the chicken before you can hatch the egg. Also try reading the articles section. There are plenty of logic articles there. I just read a nice one on waypoints. Or pick up Lamothe''s latest book.

Still Learning...
Still Learning...
Maybe try using a dictionary with your web search. Might help you with your, ummm, "search" problem. People here might help you too...if they ever figure out what it is you''re looking for.
------When thirsty for life, drink whisky. When thirsty for water, add ice.
Here on gamedev there is a series of articles called Code on the Cob. It covers a lot of material that is useful, it doesnt have everything though. The more you read you''ll find that certain techniques are used a lot, like linked lists and object oriented code.
When I first began learning game programming I had a lot of the same frustration.
Just because the church was wrong doesn't mean Galileo wasn't a heretic.It just means he was a heretic who was right.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement