🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

How publisher report sell rate to indie developer?

Started by
3 comments, last by cp25stack 8 years, 5 months ago

Hi everyone,

I am indie developer that dealing with some new publisher to publish my game on console.
I ask my publisher about how can you report sell rate to me?

Can you grant me some account that I can go to see my sale rate directly from Sony, MS, Nintendo or not? They reply that is not possible because those platforms owner doesn't provide a way to do that.
If they give me an account then i can see other games they publish sell rate too. The only way I can do is to trusting in their (publisher) sales report.

I have question, is this normal thing when you work with every publisher or not?

Thanks

Advertisement
The normal thing is that the publisher's royalties manager will send you a report four times a year.
It's also normal that your contract includes a provision that permits you to audit (so you can obtain independent verification that the publisher's reporting is accurate), at your expense, no more often than once a year.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Hello

Thanks for reply, but still not understand some part.

"so you can obtain independent verification that the publisher's reporting is accurate"

What does this means nad how practical it is?

Do you mean the platform holder can provide some way for me to audit the publisher report?

Or it means the publisher will allow me to temporary use account to check the report?

Thanks

It means you can pay an independent auditing company to do an audit.

Oh i see, thanks everyone

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement