🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Can't insert VAT on Google Developer, no effect?

Started by
0 comments, last by Hodgman 8 years, 11 months ago

I have been trying to find a way to insert my VAT ID on my settings page on my Google Developer account, but there is no way to do it. I contacted support and they say you can't do it either if you did not do it when you first created your account, so that is very strange.

However they said: "However, please do not worry for it will not have any effect on your sales and payouts.

We will not be deducting taxes to countries that are not within Google's responsibility in charging and remitting the taxes. If you don't set tax rates on your merchant account then we won't be deducting it from your sales. I highly suggest that you review the email sent by my colleague a while ago to know more about the taxes charged and remitted by Google. "
I just want do double check, do you know if this is really true? I read somewhere that Google could deduct some of the payment you are going to get if you don't have a VAT id, but according to this there is nothing to worry about?
Advertisement
I didn't think google did any tax witholding at all -- i thought you had to do all your own tax accounting.
This is 2nd hand info though...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement