🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Portfolio question. Two games enough?

Started by
9 comments, last by cozzie 8 years, 11 months ago
I have a question. I've been developing 2 full games. Is that enough to put on the portfolio or should I post other projects as well that are unfinished or not as big?
Here is a link: portfolio
Is there something else here that I should add?
Thank you
Advertisement
You need to add more details about what you did on the projects. You say a custom engine was made, what did you do on it? Can you add any source code to show off your work?

Personally I try to keep 3 - 4 projects on my portfolio, but I think the amount of work you contributed matters more than anything.

You need to add more details about what you did on the projects. You say a custom engine was made, what did you do on it? Can you add any source code to show off your work?

Personally I try to keep 3 - 4 projects on my portfolio, but I think the amount of work you contributed matters more than anything.

Thank you, I added some notes of what my part was.

Nothing is enough. Do not stop or give up now. Keep on polishing your portfolio.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Best to limit it to things that are done i think and not to clutter it up with things half finished. If you have something cool that you think would fit make it look final first and then put it up.

And please drop wix. Get a custom domain. Setting up a website on a webhost cost next to nothing these days and it's really easy. Use wordpress if you do not wish to think about it.

@spinningcubes | Blog: Spinningcubes.com | Gamedev notes: GameDev Pensieve | Spinningcubes on Youtube

One more question. I am currently working on a 2D game which should be done next week. Is it OK ta add that to the portfolio even if the graphics are stolen (but retouched) from nintendo games? My portfolio is based on my ability to code, not to create graphics.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

And... NO.

Make your graphics from the start then and let it be ugly. Do not use copyrighted material.

@spinningcubes | Blog: Spinningcubes.com | Gamedev notes: GameDev Pensieve | Spinningcubes on Youtube

Thank you for the warning. *pew*

You probably should take DUDVims suggestion, but I used sprites from Metal Slug and it was fine for me, but keep in mind that I live in a country that piracy is pretty common.

Your portfolio doesn't just need to include finished or polished work. An employer is trying to gauge many things from your portfolio and small tech demos and unfinished projects will help demonstrate how you have progressed as a developer.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement