🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Small indie question

Started by
10 comments, last by Madhed 9 years, 2 months ago

$200 is a small risk for me. What level of risk is it for you? If you make none of the money back, will you be in the same position as you are now or will life be even tougher.

It sounds to me that your personal budget is pretty tight and the things you want to purchase for your game might take make things pretty tough. If you can spread the costs over a bit of time then it might not be a big deal but it still is going to depend on where you need to put your money every month to live.

I think that if you can at reap some useful intangible benefits by investing in your game without making your life painfully hard then sure, give it a go. Any money that you might make would be a bonus that you should not rely upon. If you are not ok with that sort of result then I will say that it sounds like too big of a risk at this time and you should hold off for the time being.

Advertisement

What would be the alternative to spending the $200?

Spend nothing: Your game will not be released.

Spend 100$: Release the game without music?

Also, the $100 for iOS development is an annual fee. The $25 for android is a one off payment.

Before releasing though, make sure that your game is as polished and bug free as possible.

Also, if you want to make a profit and not just release it for fun you will have to make your game known. The chance of an app becoming successful without any advertising is virtually zero. Games like flappy bird are a very very rare exception.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement