🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

What are the currency standards in different countries?

Started by
0 comments, last by Waterlimon 9 years, 5 months ago

I was thinking about this when filling in the price for all the different countries for my inapps in Google Play.

My origin country is Sweden so I always fill in the price in SEK and then auto fill for the other countries. Then I adjust the ones I know, for example if the US $ is set to 2.83 after the correction I might set it to 2.99.

After that I have often done this to other countries also though, like if they are autofilled to 3.88 i set them to 3.99 etc.

But I then got to think that this might not be the best standard for all countries? In my own country for example I would not set the price to 18.99. I would set it to just 19.00

I don't know if it is a "cultural" thing or what we are used to see in shops, but to me at least 18.99 sounds more then just 19.00. I would be a bit "scared" even to buy something for 18.99 SEK since it looks a bit "strange" to me.

So are there other countries like this, and what is the best price to set for different countries? Are some better with the .99 method like the US and are other better with just .00 like Sweden?

Advertisement

Another thing you should consider is that in some countries the same amount of money (converted to USD) might buy you less so you might want to actually charge less in some countries:

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/GurinderSingh/20140721/221454/One_simple_Hack_to_Crack_IAPs_in_the_Developing_World.php

I dont know about the actual question, I would expect it to be similar everywhere.

What you can do is use the 18.99 instead of the 19.00 but make the cents use a smaller font like 1899. I dont know if there are any regulations regarding the visual form of the price.

o3o

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement