🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Some link to list of game sales?

Started by
2 comments, last by Orymus3 9 years, 7 months ago

Hello im asking quite and unusual question, is there any sites/link or online word file or simply some list at least a little bit updated that contains the sale numbers of (mainly computer) games (recent ones ideally, around 8 years old max)?

(i know about vgz chartts, but who knows how close they are and as far as i know theydo not list electronic sales, which in this time is essential)...

I know that some developers release their numbers, but thats bits here and there, it would be nice to have some list that summarizes it? Is there anything like this?

For example heres my numbers that i got from various sources (developers websites, interview with them).

Machinarium 150 or even 200 K

Vanishing of Ethan Carter 60 K+

Black Mirror 1 (above 100 K sales)

Deponia (above 150 K? wow, but thats from vgz charts, who know if its truth).

Hotline miamy 130 K+

Goat simulator (1 milion, oh boy...)

Chivalry medieval warfare around 1.5 milion just on PC

Payday 2 1.6 Milion

The walking dead season 1 (complete) around 2.8 Milion

Natural Selection 2 "well over 300 000" (over 2 years old information...)

Shovel Knights (180K+, 74K+ on PC)

Space Engeniers over 1 milion copies (on pc only as far as i know)

These are my numbers i know from various sources.

Do you known some "list" of this? If not, can you add the numbers you saw somewhere (and remember) for particular sales? (im talking mainly about pc platform (steam games would be best), and if you would have some sale data from indie games the better)?

Advertisement

There's this from the TIG forums (sticky post in their business forum): http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=35689.0

Oh ok, thanks, didnt know about that (even about that forum i read something but didnt know theres also quite a lot of information)

any other anyone?

There's this from the TIG forums (sticky post in their business forum): http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=35689.0

Beat me to it :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement