🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Steam advertising and analytics

Started by
2 comments, last by frob 9 years, 7 months ago

Hello guys!

I am new here but experienced in game dev. We have passed Greenlight and appeared on Steam. My game is a strategy.

I am satisfied as things went regarding our access on Steam market but the more you have the more you want.

Now I am really interested in Steam advertising, driving more traffic and strong analytic tools that will show me where leads come from (WEB & Steam), what channel brings more installs and how can I market my Steam store page.

Let`s talk here about marketing Steam store page, analytic tools and services that help understand and predict Steam traffic and how to drive greater traffic on the page from WEB and from Steam community.

Advertisement

Up

Let`s talk here about marketing Steam store page, analytic tools and services t

The problem is that you're asking other people to talk about those things, and yet you haven't offered your own thoughts on the subject. Or are you looking for information? If so, you'd probably get replies if you asked a specific question.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Let`s talk here about marketing Steam store page, analytic tools and services that help understand and predict Steam traffic and how to drive greater traffic on the page from WEB and from Steam community.

Okay...

I recommend you use analytic tools. Build them into dashboards that the marketing and SoCom and similar groups refer to regularly, and operations groups refer to at least daily.

Some analytics events should trigger alerts, ranging from emails to pager alerts and phone calls. Something that makes your 24/7 online game go down deserves a bunch of phone calls even at 3:00 AM. If analytics shows the number of current players drops from 45,000 to 300 over a matter of minutes then dev teams and op teams should likely be called no matter the hour.

Other analytics should be reviewed less often. Running an A/B style marketing campaign you can compare how effective each of the options are, and then change the stuff around. Stats like DAU and MAU are important, as are things like average paying users per day, average payment from paying users per day, as are stats tracking where in the pipeline of sales conversions people are getting stuck. If they put items in the cart but never complete the transaction, you need to know so you can fix the process. If not enough paying players are costing you server resources, you need to know that too.

Other analyitcs are useful for design of future games. Collect them, process them, use them, love them.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement