🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Best Place to Get A Team To Develop A Game?

Started by
3 comments, last by Lialan 9 years, 8 months ago

I hope this is the right place to post this. I was wondering what the best way to get a team together for game development would be, or find one to join. I currently attend college but unfortunately there are no game design clubs here. I tried the forums on this site to offer my service as a programmer but I'm not sure if it would be worth the $7 if I'm only a novice.

Advertisement

Hi Lialan,

You can try to post on the classifieds here: http://www.gamedev.net/classifieds

If you're a novice, you will probably need to offer your services for free.

What do you mean $7?

The best way to go is just to start making small games to build up your skill and reputation. Clones like space invaders, simple roguelikes, etc.

If you join the community and demonstrate your commitment and competence over time, you'll find team members organically. Or, when you post a project later, you'll be able to get people interested.

Hi StarMire,

When I try to make a classified, I make an advert and it says the listing costs $7. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Thank you for the tips though. :)

It only costs if your game is commercial. If your game is a hobbyist game, it's free.

Where it says, 'select category', choose 'Hobbyist projects'. This is more if you already have a game project underway, I guess.

I guess there is no 'hobbyist' option in the 'services' categories? I never tried it before now.

Thanks Servant of The Lord. I'll try that. Not sure why I didn't think of that!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement