🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

I want to talk to an indie dev for making one of my game ideas

Started by
4 comments, last by Tom Sloper 9 years, 10 months ago

I have a game idea i have been working on for a couple weeks and have most of my ideas together. I dont want myself to make the game though so i am reaching out to other developers who will be willing to take this on. If you are interested PM me i made a google docs file i can share with you if you want to make this.

Advertisement

I don't think you have given enough information for potential interested partners to PM you.

At the minimum, you should disclose what experience you have, whether you have any art assets or sound assets, and the genre and scope of the project.

You probably also want to make a classified ad, not a forum thread. We don't allow anything that could be described as recruitment or hiring in the regular forums. So look near the top of this page for a button that says Classifieds.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

...I dont want myself to make the game though...

What? Why would someone make an game for someone who doesn't even want to make it themselves?

I have a game idea

So does every other human being who's ever heard of video games.

Games don't come about because people have ideas; games come about because motivated and smart people go out and make them.

Sean Middleditch – Game Systems Engineer – Join my team!

1. I have a game idea i have been working on for a couple weeks
2. i am reaching out to other developers who will be willing to take this on. If you are interested PM me i made a google docs file i can share with you if you want to make this.

1. A couple of weeks isn't long enough to fully flesh out a game design, unless it's a very small-scale idea.
2. "How do I get my game made" is not a Game Design question -- it's a Business question. You're welcome to ask that question in the Business/Law forum. "PM me if you're willing to make my game for me" are forbidden words in all our discussion forums -- you have to use the Classifieds to hire your development team.

I'm moving this to Business, since it isn't asking how to design a game, and I'm closing it because it's a team-recruiting post. Sorry to all those who were champing at the bit to add a reply! Gyro, you're welcome to ask questions in a new thread if you like.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement