🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Programming using Amazon Mobile Associates API and have a legality question

Started by
1 comment, last by b1gjo3 9 years, 11 months ago

I would like to write an app that you can scan a barcode and link to Amazon.com's website. The barcode scans in as UPC code and the only way I can link to Amazon is with ASIN. The <b>Associates API</b> has the ability to convert UPC to ASIN but in the Amazon.com Product Advertising API License Agreement:

4) Usage Requirements

(e) You will not, without our express prior written approval, use any Product Advertising Content on or in connection with any site or application designed or intended for use with a <b>mobile phone</b> or other handheld device, or any television set-top box ....

What if I wrote a website using the Associates API to convert UPC to ASIN and then use my mobile phone to interface with said website to get ASIN from UPC. Would that be any trouble? I don't see why Amazon wouldn't want people to be able to link to their website off of UPC...

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question. Thanks

Advertisement
I'd just email their legal group and ask.

I sent them an email in regards to my question and also just asked for permission to use the api instead of doing all the extra web dev. waiting to hear back now... usually takes them a week to respond.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement