🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Yet another portfolio feedback request.

Started by
11 comments, last by theflamingskunk 10 years, 1 month ago

Resume seems like it 404-ed

Try this one:

http://kadeyopolis.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/LukaszKadej-CV.pdf

Advertisement

Thanks.

If possible, I would include hyperlinks in your resume for each project you have available media for. This isn't a big change per se, but I found it to be lacking.

Also, I'd retrofit this to a 2 page version if at all possible. Would suggest removing less relevant selected projects from your first category and shortening a few sentences that currently occupy 2 lines but could really fit into a single one. Might look a bit crowded though.

Also appears that this version differs greatly from the one on the actual site?

I Strongly agree with Orymus on you need to trim down the Resume.

3 Pages is far too long when looking for an entry level position (Which seems to be the case). It also does not look particularly good when it only goes down 1/3rd the page.

It is often given advice that your resume should never be longer than a page until you have worked in the industry for several years and have multiple shipped games and worked at several game companies. However, a majority of the stuff you put on there is completely relevant to what you are applying for (Graphics Programming), and certainly does not give off filler [Which is the case for many others] too me. However brevity is king, so that is a tradeoff you will have to decide upon.

I am certainly not one to be giving advice, so think of it more as food for thought.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement