🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Question about VC's and finding sponsors.

Started by
-1 comments, last by Sagger Khraishi 10 years, 1 month ago

Hello everyone!

So we're in the process of courting a few VC's in the MENA region, and throughout the process one of the main things that we keep on talking about is the risks when it comes to getting funding for a game company versus another tech industry. I'm currently in Jordan for instance, and the track record of the people we've approached has been kind of shoddy. There was one company here that had to shut down because the investor was money laundering, and there are a couple of companies that have made it (so to speak).

So as far as things go, does anyone know of any VC's that has experience with the games industry, or specifically sticks around with that? The best thing about finding the right VC is that you use them, and their experience as much as they use you. So while a lot of the VC's here stick around with tossing the e-commerce bundle about, it would be great to know of a solid investor who would be great to be on a board.

The second question is in sponsors. Does anyone have any experience with approaching companies to find sponsors? We make advertisement games for companies, so other than the people that approach us for games, what is the best way to turn the tables and go to lets say the Kleenix provider in the MENA region and say "Hey, we've made XYZ game that has a MAU of 10,000 players. Would you like to put your products in our game for a unique sort of advertising?"

tl;dr

1. Has anyone dealt with VC's before, and can recommend a good one that is interested/ works in the Games Industry?
  2. Are there any recommendations for VC's in the MENA region?
  3. Any tips with approaching companies for sponsors? Does anyone have experience with it or a horror story too?

Thanks in advance, and Cheers!

Let me create worlds, and I'll let you imagine they are realities.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement