🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

BASIC/QBASIC books for kids?

Started by
3 comments, last by jelb 22 years, 7 months ago
Hello everyone, Does anyone know of BASIC/QBASIC books targeted specifically for kids? I''d like to send one to a friend''s eight year old. Something that might stimulate an interest in programming in him. Ideally I''d like names of books that are still in print - though that might be a tough one. If not that then just their names. Maybe his local library will have some of them. Thanks, jelb
Advertisement
I don''t know whether this book is still in print, but this is what I learn''t from:

"Using BASIC" by Rich Didday and Rex Page.
ISBN: 0-8299-0357-7

I got the 1981 print, and it''s turning to dust at the moment, so whether you can still get it I don''t know.

Hope that helps

Phil.

If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.
I got a book for GFA Basic 3.6 for my atari 1024 ST

Jeroen "2COOL4-U" de Haas
- DefenceAlliance Project Leader/Coder
- TacticalOps Linux Beta Tester
Jeroen "2COOL4-U" de Haas- DefenceAlliance Project Leader/Coder- TacticalOps Linux Beta Tester
quote:
Original post by 2COOL4-U

I got a book for GFA Basic 3.6 for my atari 1024 ST

Jeroen "2COOL4-U" de Haas
- DefenceAlliance Project Leader/Coder
- TacticalOps Linux Beta Tester

That reminds me! He has two Atari STs gathering dust. Maybe he''d be better learning BASIC on one of them. So thanks for the title. You too python_regious.

jelb

thats how i got started

however, i might suggest giving something on a higher level than BASIC... but as simple. See, the thing is, all of the appeal I got from QBasic nearly ten years ago was because it was actually ''cool'' and people could actually play my games. not that anyone ever did...

*sad childhood memories start waltzing in*

-Pat
Sodacider@home.com
-PatSodacider@home.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement