Advertisement

My Lovecraftian horror game...

Started by October 27, 2001 10:15 AM
15 comments, last by Hardguy 22 years, 10 months ago
I have just released an horror adventure game called Fiend and I would be glad to get soem feedback on it. check it out here. ------- Me Hardguy. and here is my game... Edited by - hardguy on October 27, 2001 12:21:42 PM
Are you sure the link isn''t dead?
Advertisement
seems like your link is screwed up. It should be
http://fiend.cjb.net

I''m downloading now... I''ll give you some feedback later...
-----------------------------Reporter: Are they slow-moving, chief?Sheriff: Yeah, they're dead. They're all messed up.-Night of the living dead
Hmm, for some reason I can''t install it. It says it''s not a win32 program. And the file says it''s 0 kB. Weird...
-----------------------------Reporter: Are they slow-moving, chief?Sheriff: Yeah, they're dead. They're all messed up.-Night of the living dead
Thanks for correting my misktake Rudan. I have edited the post, so now the link should work.

Rudan:
Strange error....try downloading it again, maybe the download got screwed. I haven''t made the installer so sadly i I can''t fix it if it is an error. I have tested it on lots of computers though. So it should work.

-------
Me Hardguy.
and here is my game...
Ok, got it working now. For some reason I had to download and install it with windows 98 instead of 2000...

I don''t have time to test it very much right now, but what I''ve seen so far looks great. Well done...
I''ll get back to you later, when I played some more...
Advertisement
Blue Screen of Death''d on me...
"A Fatal Exception 0E has occurred at ...... in VXD Asp4Wave01" more or less.
Too bad; it looked cool, and I liked the music

If you''re curious, I''m running Win98 on a PII 350 with 64Mb sys ram, and a nVidia Riva TNT2 video card with 16 Mbs Video ram.

Maybe whichever driver that .vxd file refers to just isn''t up to date on my system...?
-david
Muse:
When did this error happen?

-------
Me Hardguy.
and here is my game...
I downloaded and installed it without problems, and it seems pretty cool. Hell, just the fact that it''s a finished game is great, and Lovecraft rules .

I experienced one reaaaally annoying problem though, pretty major actually. I wandered around the town and encountered George Smith, who told me to go use a typewriter. I went upstairs and used it, and a bunch of things saying EMPTY came up. At this point I forgot exactly what I pressed, I think it was Space or Escape, but whatever it was, the EMPTY labels went away, and I could no longer move. I could open my inventory and press Escape to go to the main menu, but I could not move and could not interact with the typewriter again, so I had to quit and lose all my progress .

Do you know what happened? Other than that it seems like a fun game...I''m not a huge fan of the top-down perspective, but congratulations on finishing it nonetheless.

Anthracks

Anthracks:

ops....
I thought that I fixed that bug, guess I did not.
When exiting the save menu press Z and NOT space.

IF you have pressed space and can''t move then just
press space twice to get back to normal.

I am really sorry that this bug is still there.
Guess I have to recompile and upload the game again.

-------
Me Hardguy.
and here is my game...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement