🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Offering marketing help

Started by
1 comment, last by Sillysausages 11 years ago

Hi there, first off apologies if this is in the wrong section, please move as appropriate.

I'm currently working in a marketing position in the UK and not particularly keen on my industry (very technical, niche, and limited in prospects). I would like to move into the games industry now that I have some actual marketing experience (have previously interviewed, unfortunately not successful).

I thought that one way to gain some relevant industry experience would be to offer some marketing advice/assistance to indies/small groups and get some mutual benefit (i.e I help them promote and I gain a reference/project for my CV).

My reason for posting is to a) get input as to whether this is a good approach from people currently working in similar roles in the industry and b) to get advice as to where would be a good place to offer this help (ideally it would be with people looking to make a career out of what they are doing rather than someone modding for fun for example).

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

a. Sure. Doing the job you want to get is always good.

b. One place you can offer your services is the Classifieds here on gamedev.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

a. Sure. Doing the job you want to get is always good.

b. One place you can offer your services is the Classifieds here on gamedev.

Thank you, I've posted there now, hope it bears fruit.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement