🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Web Page / Resume Development Question

Started by
10 comments, last by obizues 11 years, 11 months ago

1. So for future reference I should skip making "clones" for pong and Mario type games since they are virtually unusable?
2. Also, are there unrestricted 2D or 3D sources for artwork that I can use so I can put my material in a portfolio upon completion?

1. What new and interesting programming problems can you solve in a pong clone? You can make side-scrolling jumping games for your portfolio, but they should have something new and interesting about them.

2. Check the Visual Arts forum. I'm sure this question has been asked and answered many times there.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Advertisement

1. What new and interesting programming problems can you solve in a pong clone? You can make side-scrolling jumping games for your portfolio, but they should have something new and interesting about them.

I haven't played the original, but I had single and multiplayer, pause menus, restart ability, music, and because of the menus and different modes multiple states.

Like I said I'm not fully sure what violates IP, but I'd rather not have someone from HR leave my website because of have it because I just wanted to show my first game project.

2. Check the Visual Arts forum. I'm sure this question has been asked and answered many times there.

Thanks, I did not think of that.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement