🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Newbie question

Started by
12 comments, last by Micha 24 years, 5 months ago
It really depends on what you are doing. If you are writing programs like, for example, Ms Word for windows or stuff like that then you would probably want to memorize just for the sake of programming speed.

I mean, if you use it enough your going to memorize it anyway, just cause you see it so often, so if it will be an everyday thing then there is no harm in knowing it by heart.

Any that''s what i think
"sorry 'bout the mess..."
-Han Solo

Hansolo99_99@hotmail.com

Advertisement
Ooh. this was a neat bug.
The next post is mine as indicated...

-fel

Edited by - felisandria on 1/11/00 11:59:37 PM
~ The opinions stated by this individual are the opinions of this individual and not the opinions of her company, any organization she might be part of, her parrot, or anyone else. ~
I have noted a few things in my work as a programmer relating to this:

- If it''s useful enough, I will memorize it by using it often.

- If it''s not useful enough to memorize by repetition, it''s a waste of time to memorize it.

- It takes under 5 seconds to look something up in the MSDN libraries.

As far as I can tell, it''s not worth it to sit there and try to memorize stuff just for the sake of trivia, especially with MSVC Intellisense''s "complete the line for you" thing (which I find really spiffy)

-fel
CreateFile is overloaded to open things such as COM ports. Also you can do multithreading on any HANDLE opened by CreateFile, but you can''t on the standard FILE * structures. As in WaitOnMultipleEvent functions, etc.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement