🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Interview on breaking into the industry

Started by
0 comments, last by Julio Bortolon 11 years, 11 months ago
Hi, I'm currently studying at Westwood Online, working towards a degree in video game art and design. I'm wondering if a few people currently working in the industry would answer a few interview questions, both for a class on breaking into the industry, and to assist myself in reaching a career in the gaming industry. Here are a few questions to start off with:

What company do you work for, and what is your job title?

What were the main steps that helped you to obtain the position you are currently in?

What would you consider to be some of the most challenging aspects in your field?

What do you find to be the most rewarding part of your job?
Advertisement
I work for Interama Games, it's a small company mostly focused on advergames. I'm a programmer x)

My portfolio helped me a lot, also, my previous work experience as a programmer in a university internship.

Man, there's so many challeging things... The code by it self can be really hard, there's some tricky things on the simplest games. But also project management, dealing with clients can be frustrating too.

The AHA moments, the coworkers, this two things make my work really enjoable.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement