🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

How could i get back?

Started by
5 comments, last by Pagan 22 years, 8 months ago
Hi, you guys, i just installed Windows XP on my computer, but i find that this platform is not stable as they said, so i decided to go back to Windows 2000. But i have no boot disk, how could i do that? And another question, which is best, professional, server, or advanced server? Thanks Terry
Advertisement
Can you boot to your win2k CD perhaps?

A CRPG in development...

Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself.
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself. "Just don't look at the hole." -- Unspoken_Magi
No Windows 2000 boot CD

Terry
windows 2000 has a thing on their cd called make boot..
if you run that it will ask for 4 3.5" disks. just follow the directions and it''ll boot from those disks instead of the cd.. all you need is the win2k cd.
:-) good luck win2k is awesome, and XP is actually a good platform, unfortunately they haven''t realesed the pack for it yet. it''s got all the updated drivers. that''s what makes it unstable, it''s a "work in progress" per say.

---vas
If you are expecting a kick in the balls, and you get a slap in the face... it's a victory.
If memory serves my right I believe on your Windows2K cd you have the following:
cdrom>BOOTDISK\MAKEBOOT.EXE & MAKEBT32.EXE
Have 4(?) blank floppies ready and run that...

YAP-YFIO

-deadlinegrunt

~deadlinegrunt

oh, and as for the last question, professional is you''re best bet, unless you''re planning on turning your computer into a multiuser/ftp client as long as your just playing/making games, pro is your best bet.
---vas
If you are expecting a kick in the balls, and you get a slap in the face... it's a victory.
quote: Original post by Pagan
which is best, professional, server, or advanced server?

Which is best depend on what you want to do. They''re not "general purpose" OSes; the distinctions exist for a reason. Professional is a workstation edition while Server and Advanced Server exist specifically to serve as network infrastructure for varying capacities.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement