🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

starting from nothing

Started by
2 comments, last by Navyman 11 years, 10 months ago
hey guys well is I was just wondering if its possible to get a job in the game industry ? specially on game programing lets suppose that I make a freegame in 3d its secure that someone will contract me if he sees my project done? is it necessary to have a professional bachiller? or stuff like that? I cant get a tittle :P
Advertisement
Nessa, I'm moving this to the Breaking In forum, where you'll find the answers to your questions in the forum's FAQs.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Is it possible to get a job in the game industry... Well, given that there are a lot of people who currently have jobs in the game industry I'd have to say that it's possible.

Will you surely get contracted if you complete a project? Who could/would give you that kind of guarantee? Developing a portfolio of completed projects that demonstrate your skill-set would probably be a good idea, but it's up to any individual employer to decide whether or not they want to employ you.

Do you need a license? Well, I've never heard of anything like that, but laws are different in different places.

Honestly, I'd suggest reading some of the information given in the sticky-posts at the top of the breaking-in forums that Mr. Sloper referred you to. If you're concerned about needing a license or title then you may want to try and find some professional programmers in your area that would know about that kind of thing. Or you could ask around the forums about whether or not there's here who lives in your area and knows about that kind of thing.
void hurrrrrrrr() {__asm sub [ebp+4],5;}

There are ten kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
Just because you release a game does not mean that people will flock to you and offer you a job. You need to do some self-promoting to let people know your available to hire.

Developer with a bit of Kickstarter and business experience.

YouTube Channel: Hostile Viking Studio
Twitter: @Precursors_Dawn

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement