🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Need Help...Over Here...... PLZ

Started by
28 comments, last by Duxa 22 years, 8 months ago
I want tomake a Game like Daiblo or Everquest!!I know that I need tons of time and patience!!! I got it all (I think) but hte problem is I dunno where to start and what to use... I already have an idea of what it is gonna be like and what it is gonna have!!! I jsut need to know what to use and where to get software to create it!!! THX alot PS - I know some C++ and use Visual C++97
Tryin to make an RPG game like Diablo II and Everquest combined!! with tons new features!!!
Advertisement
http://www.gamedev.net/reference/start_here/

[Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!]
1. Write down the plot and every other idea
2. Get a compiler..
3. Start coding debugging coding debugging... and coding

Get the game code working first, then work on the graphics later

The nightmare travels across the cosmos with his burning mane. The trail of ash that is produced.

?Have a nice day!?

That didnt help!!
Tryin to make an RPG game like Diablo II and Everquest combined!! with tons new features!!!
I got Microsoft Visual C++ 97 compiler!!

What I want ot find out is how to code??? Like how to start out!!!???

how to make a meny etc....
I would like to find out how to make a map edito or wahtever to make a world!! what do I need to use?? and maybe some tutorial or somehting if anyone knows!!?
You should get some books on programming C/C++. I have a few suggestions:

Anything by IDG (the ''For Dummies'' books) and from Sam''s (the ''Teach Yourself ____ In ____ Hours'') books are really good. I have (and love):

"C++ For Dummies Pocket Reference" (which was my only book for about a year, about $7)
"Visual C++ For Dummies" (I got this one a few months ago, great book, about $24)
"Sam''s Teach Yourself C++ In 10 Minutes" (Another pocket reference, about $7)
"Sam''s Teach Yourself Direct X 7 In 24 Hours" (this is what I use most now, about $24)

Invader X
Invader''s Realm
Those book have lots of stuff that I dont even need.. plus it is probably wont even have any info that I need like such as making a map editor!!!!! doesnt anyone know how to make a map editor?? Can someone teach me??

Edited by - Duxa on October 7, 2001 2:19:29 PM
You assume you don''t need what they''ll teach, but you do. You need to know almost all of it to write complex programs. Sure, those books don''t cover all that you''ll need, but they''re a starting point. You can''t just start out making the things you want, you have to work your way up.

[Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!]
All ur posting are useless comments!!! arrrgggggghhhhh.....
I want to professional to teach me!!!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement