🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

International Scolarship

Started by
1 comment, last by Destin Bales 12 years, 3 months ago
Hi, I'm a high-school junior from Guatemala, and I'm going to apply for university scholarships outside my country. I've many options and I would really appreciate your advice in this matter. When it comes Software/Video-Games related careers, where do you think I should go? Some of my options are France, the UK, Japan(I've family there), Korea and the US. I only speak Spanish, English and Japanese. I already have some advanced knowledge in programming and computer graphics. Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
In the Netherlands I'm following a course named IGAD (which stands for International Game Architecture and Design). I can't say it is the best there is, but it certainly has some good points. There are plenty of international students here from all over the world. Check out the site if you want some more info:

http://made.nhtv.nl/index.php?page=courses&sub=game_architecture_and_design&third=general_information

Hi, I'm a high-school junior from Guatemala, and I'm going to apply for university scholarships outside my country. I've many options and I would really appreciate your advice in this matter. When it comes Software/Video-Games related careers, where do you think I should go? Some of my options are France, the UK, Japan(I've family there), Korea and the US. I only speak Spanish, English and Japanese. I already have some advanced knowledge in programming and computer graphics. Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

My advice would be either the US or South Korea. I say this simply because of the options you mentioned these two countries have the most vibrant game development communities, and a bit part of your long term success could be accelerated by meeting and impressing other developers.

Best,

Destin
www.ineedtomakegames.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement