🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

What are my chances of landing a job as a game programmer with these credentials/roadblocks?

Started by
3 comments, last by Tom Sloper 12 years, 12 months ago
What are my chances of landing a job as a game programmer with these credentials/roadblocks:

-Bachelors degree in computer science from an average University with a low 2.30 GPA
-Recent grad with no previous IT job/intern experience.
-One big project to show off. The project is a DirectX game made from scratch and I consider it above average( like a B grade). A lot of time and effort was put into it. I have a websiite created to show it off and everything (I havent made the game or created the website yet but lets say I have)
-Also I've got 3 small game projects I made for a class. One is a remake of the 1945 shooter using java, one is made using opengl, and the other is a group project with multiplayer support using a game engine Panda3d.

I dont know if it is looking good for me, but maybe having a nice game made without using a game engine would help me. Could you guys give me a percent of me getting a job in the game industry as a game programmer within two months if I started searching today?

edit: I'm happy with taking any game programmer job.
Advertisement
14.3%
Mike Popoloski | Journal | SlimDX

1-What are my chances... give me a percent of me getting a job in the game industry as a game programmer within two months
2-Only one project to show off.

1. (Shaking the magic eight-ball...) Seven of Wands.
2. Ooh, not good!

Seriously, H-Chan, read FAQs 24 and 27.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Hi please delete this thread

Hi please delete this thread

Absolutely not. I'll close it, but it stays. hchan, I hope you'll read FAQs 24 and 27.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement