🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Guide needed

Started by
1 comment, last by Tom Sloper 13 years ago
Hi,
I am a graduate with a BS degree in Computer Science and I am located in New York City. I took one of the game development/design class when I was in college. I always wanted to be a game developer but doesn't know where to start. I am type of person that need to be in class to learn (A instructor that can answer my question). I am looking for a institute or a college that provides game development course in New York City, but no luck. Budget is one of the problem that prevents me from attending other college outside of New York City. I thought I will look in to getting books for game development but I am not sure what will be good. I am learning C# and know most of C++ and visual basic back in college.

Does anyone know any good institute around New York area that teaches game development? or any books that I can get to help me with this?

Thank you very much for your time.

edit: I used OpenGL before.
Advertisement
A great link was passed here, check it out: http://www.sloperama.com/advice.html

But if you need tutoring in order to learn something, I don't see books/articles going well for you.
Moving to Breaking In. HelpS, you need to read the Breaking In FAQs (above).

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement