🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Work from home? (Good/Bad)

Started by
6 comments, last by Tom Sloper 13 years, 7 months ago
Hi,
I have more then 5 years experience in building massive online web games based on PHP/HTML/CSS and MYSQL. (Internet & Facebook)

Last game that I design.
Game login screen

Today I am working in bank in IT job and in my free time at home I design web games. Recently I consider becoming freelance and working from home and do what I love to do.
I was thinking to help others with my experience or work to gaming company but from home.

I hope you can recommend me how the best way to do it and share your experience if you are working from home designing games.
Thank you,
Olga

Advertisement
Companies want high experience and low cost. You have to get more experience (build a bigger portfolio) and you have to network. Scroll up and click the teeny-tiny itsy-bitsy blue "View Forum FAQ" link, and read about freelancing and networking.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Hi,
Thank you but I do not find the link you wrote about.
Can you put link for me.
Thank you,
Olga
http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/showfaq.asp?forum_id=101
Quote: Original post by olgada
Hi,
Thank you but I do not find the link you wrote about.
Can you put link for me.
Thank you,
Olga

It is above.
You have to scroll up.
It is small.
It is blue.
It says "View Forum FAQ"
If you can't find it, the game industry doesn't want you.

On my screen it's yellowgold, but I found it. Does that mean the game industry wants me?!

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Quote: Original post by Alpha_ProgDes
On my screen it's yellowgold, but I found it. Does that mean the game industry wants me?!

Nope. Only the worthy developers can see the link in blue.
http://deoxy.org/emperors.htm
Quote: Original post by Alpha_ProgDes

Yes, after you do all the things in FAQ 27.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement