🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

How many companies should I apply to for an internship?

Started by
2 comments, last by ApochPiQ 13 years, 7 months ago
Hi everyone!

I'm currently applying for an Intern Programming position at several studios. So far I've sent my resumes to 5 companies.
My question is: how many companies should I apply to?

I know it may sound like a dumb question, but I read somewhere (I don't remember where, but it seemed like a reliable source) that companies could do a cross-checking to see if a person was just spamming the market with resumes, that's why I've only applied to 5 so far. If this a misconception, please enlighten me.

Thank you!

P.S: Also, usually how long does it take for companies to get in touch with you, in case they're interested?
Advertisement
Quote: Original post by jpalz
1. I read somewhere... that companies could do a cross-checking to see if a person was just spamming the market with resumes
2. usually how long does it take for companies to get in touch with you, in case they're interested?

1. I don't see how it's possible to do that. The way I know somebody's spammed me is that they address me by the other company's name, or I can see multiple addresses in the To: field in the email. Otherwise, no company has access to other companies' applications files.
2. Could be a few days, could be months.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

I understand. Thank you Tom for the help! I really appreciate it! :D
Quote: Original post by jpalz
My question is: how many companies should I apply to?

As many as it takes to land a position [smile]

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement