🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

C++ for dummies

Started by
1 comment, last by stevelevesque 22 years, 10 months ago
I have been looking in c++ for dummies book and i am wondering if this is a good book for learn on a visual c++ compiler. The book comes with a GNU compiler and i would like to know if it would matter practicing on the Visual C++ then the cd they gave me with GNU. Steve "When The Only Thing You Have Is A Hammer, Everything Looks Like A Nail" ~Phish
~When The Only Thing You Have Is A Hammer, Everything Looks Like A Nail.www.instinctz.net
Advertisement
C++ is C++, No matter what compiler you use. Although Visual C++ isn''t fully standards compliant, you should be fine for the most part.
If your asking if it will work, yes. When you go to new, just chose C++ Console Appllictaion. THis is assumin you are not trying to program in win32, in which case you would need to know C++ already, and have to be reading Windows Programming FOr Dummies, and then you chose Win32 Console Applicaion.

But since you say its for C++(not win32 C++) then you should just take the first piece of advice. Use console app
------------------------------Put THAT in your smoke and pipe it

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement