🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Help with "Tricks..." console template

Started by
3 comments, last by Sheep 22 years, 10 months ago
Hello everyone. I have recently completed Mr. LaMothe''s "Tricks..." I am trying to get started on my first game, but for some strange reason I cannot get even the "t3dconsole2" to compile. I included all the DirectX and the library files, but when I try to compile, I get the following errors: Compiling... t3dconsole2.cpp c:\clone\clone\t3dlib3.h(64) : error C2065: ''DSBCAPS_CTRLDEFAULT'' : undeclared identifier t3dlib2.cpp c:\Clone\Clone\t3dlib2.cpp(83) : error C2065: ''DirectInputCreate'' : undeclared identifier c:\Clone\Clone\t3dlib2.cpp(110) : error C2065: ''DIDEVTYPE_JOYSTICK'' : undeclared identifier t3dlib3.cpp c:\clone\clone\t3dlib3.h(64) : error C2065: ''DSBCAPS_CTRLDEFAULT'' : undeclared identifier For those of you who read the book and know what I am talking about, any help would be appreciated.
Advertisement
Come on people! Im at the brink of insanity! Why does this keep happening! Is there some known issue with the files that I dont know about? I looked up error C2065, but I dont get it. I am using the DX8 SDK, as opposed to DX6 as used in the book. Does this matter? Thanks!
Did you include dsound.h? Did you add dsound.lib to the linked library files?

--
david@neonstar.net
neonstar entertainment
--david@neonstar.netneonstar entertainment
Hi...
Yes, all of the errors are issues of DX8 SDK.

for the DSBCAPS_CTRLDEFAULT error look at this page:
http://www.intrepidhero.com/articles/faq/compile_errors.html

For the DInput errors, i think i''ve read that you have to use "DirectInputCreateEx" instead of "DirectInputCreate". There are slightly different parameters for the functions, but i think you can figure that out (but actually i haven''t tried it yet).

Hope that helped a bit.
Bye
Thanks alot guys! I got it to work, but now I have encountered another problem. For some reason I cannot get any bitmap up on the screen. Obviously I am doing something wrong, and I suspect it might have to do with the fact that I do not know how to make a template of .bmp''s, as described in the book. If any of you would-be-helpers would like to see the bitmap related code that I wrote and tell what is wrong with it, I will post it (could you also maybe tell me how to get that special code box that some of you use?). Thanks.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement