🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

If you are looking for a good VC++ BOOK.....

Started by
1 comment, last by AreaOne 22 years, 10 months ago
I just wanted to say that I picked up the book "Beginning Visual C++ 6.0" by Ivor Horton. This book is excellent and very well done. It explains all of C++ in general and is very in depth, it then goes into the Visual C++ IDE and teaches you everything you need to know to program windows apps. This a very good book that I recommend you pick up if you are learning VC++6. It has a ton of tutorials and examples to code. It is very well written and very easy to understand.
Advertisement
is it pure code or the MFC?
I glanced at the book. Just teaches MFC, so I could care less about it (I like using the normal Win32 API better). It might be useful for learning all the features in VC++ and MFC and stuff, but judging by it's size I would guess that there are probably better books out there on MFC anyway. Of course, I've only read a small amount to see what it was like, so I could be totally wrong.

Edited by - Midnight Coder on August 23, 2001 5:40:02 PM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement