🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

visual c++

Started by
1 comment, last by stevelevesque 22 years, 10 months ago
I just got visual C++ 6.0 like a month ago and i noticed i can make bitmap file.When i started i was messing around and i made a face with the tool. What i would like to know is what is this used for. You cant make really anything that is real complex. Then again i don know alot about Visual c++ because i just started to learn. Steve
~When The Only Thing You Have Is A Hammer, Everything Looks Like A Nail.www.instinctz.net
Advertisement
I haven''t used VC++ properly yet, but as far as I know the bitmap tool is used for the pictures on toolbars, for example standard Win32 programs have a yellow folder for Open and a floppy disk for Save.

HTH

PhilHalf
You can put resources inside of your Windows program. There are many resources, including menus, dialogs, icons, cursors, bitmaps, toolbars, etc. These resources are compiled into your executable and can be used using the GDI. You can create a bitmap resource, and then load it using GDI. But you are far better off creating your own bitmaps and leaving them outside your executable, since you''re limited to 4-bit color in a bitmap resource.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement