🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Project Management or CompSci for Masters Degree

Started by
1 comment, last by Bahdom 13 years, 11 months ago
Hi,

I'll be earning my bachelors in Computer Science this year and have been considering getting a Masters Degree. At the moment, my two strongest options would be continuing in CompSci or switching to Project Management. As a side note, I would probably work and study so I would still be getting real world experience while getting my Masters.

From an employer's point of view, would either one be more attractive than the other? I've been told taking Project Management helps reduce the time spent as a "code monkey" but I'm curious if the CompSci degree might make me more appealing hire. On the other hand, I think since I would already have a degree in CompSci, diversifying might make me stand out.

Basically I was wondering what you thought about either degree.

Thanks
Advertisement
Quote: Original post by Bahdom
From an employer's point of view, would either one be more attractive than the other?

It depends.

MUCH MORE IMPORTANT QUESTION:
Which one is more attractive TO YOU?

Don't try to live your life to satisfy others. Live it for YOU.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

I like both of them actually, and I'm under the impression that in both paths I'll eventually reach more of a management/lead position.

The difference, at least from my point of view, is the moment of entry, and well, I'd have formal education in managing on one path and a more empirical approach from the other.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement