🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Getting into a Game Publishing house

Started by
0 comments, last by Tom Sloper 13 years, 11 months ago
Hi,

I am doing my MBA and would like to know what subjects (apart from marketing and finance) should I be knowing to get into the game publishing houses like Activision and EA? Also, what kind of jobs do they offer to fresh graduates? I am specifically asking from the business development point of view. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.
Abhishek.
Advertisement
Quote: Original post by abhi_shekv
I am doing my MBA and would like to know what subjects (apart from marketing and finance) should I be knowing to get into the game publishing houses like Activision and EA? Also, what kind of [business development] jobs do they offer to fresh graduates?

Abhishek, study whatever you WANT to study. Having an MBA and knowing marketing and finance is fine. You may need to start in marketing or customer support to get a grounding in the game industry, or you may be able to go into bizdev after getting your MBA -- not as the bizdev guy but as an associate or something. You might want to read some of my columns at http://www.igda.org/games-game-archives -- one of them is about breaking in via marketing.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement