🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

what will be the best way for me now?

Started by
0 comments, last by Tom Sloper 14 years ago
Hi everyone,
My name is Yao and I am very interested in getting a game designer or game manager position in the near future. However, I need some help to reach that goal. I have bachelor degree in computer animation and master degree in teaching. I am currently teaching in Florida and have been a teacher for three years. I have always had an interest in becoming a game designer and do have several ideas. However, I do not have experience of working at a game production company. I had thought about going back to college but I cannot afford it, since I still owe student loans. I know there a lot of experienced managers or designers here in this website. Could anyone guide or direct me to a path that I can fulfill my dream career? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Advertisement
Quote: Original post by Yao Tsung Tsai
I have bachelor degree in computer animation and master degree in teaching. I am currently teaching in Florida and have been a teacher for three years. I have always had an interest in becoming a game designer and do have several ideas. However, I do not have experience of working at a game production company. I had thought about going back to college but I cannot afford it, since I still owe student loans. I know there a lot of experienced managers or designers here in this website. Could anyone guide or direct me to a path that I can fulfill my dream career? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Yes. View Forum FAQ (above).
Read FAQ 27.
Research game companies, and choose where you'll move to. You probably have to leave Florida. And you have to do that before anybody will offer you a job.
Everything you need to know is in the FAQ.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement