🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

UCLA or UCSD?

Started by
10 comments, last by LessBread 14 years, 1 month ago
Quote: Original post by LessBread
Quote: Original post by barom
Thanks folks. I'll probably go to UCSD. The decision wasn't totally based off on this thread of course but I appreciate all the input. It made my decision a bit easier.

PS: I'm still open for more if anyone want to add anything.

Which college are you planning to attend? Unlike other universities, at UCSD your major doesn't determine which college you attend. That is, there is no "college of engineering", "college of arts" and so on. You can major in any subject at any college. The different colleges have different lower division requirements. Your choice of college will determine most of which classes you'll take during your first two years. I went to Revelle. They say that Revelle is supposed to be for science majors because the math and science requirements there overlap with the lower division requirements for many science majors. The reality is that a lot of students burn out due to the Revelle requirements, or they end up changing majors from a science to an art. If you aren't prepared to take five years to graduate, you might consider going to Muir, where you'll have a better chance of graduating in four years.

I was accepted into Sixth College, it was my first choice but I ranked them based on minimal research which I do regret. I hear they supposedly have the third most difficult GE requirements after Revelle and Roosevelt. On the other hand, I hear they have the best community which is great. In any case I'll just go with it and hope for the best.
Advertisement
I don't know anything about Sixth. Fifth was just getting started when I left. That would be Roosevelt, iirc. And back then Marshall was still called Third.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement