🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Ideas for new "Scorched earth"

Started by
6 comments, last by GameDev.net 24 years, 5 months ago
Schorch was a great game. But there haven't been any new versions of that. Ir new games with similar concept.

Unless I get my game out =)

What would you except from the artillery game of your dreams? I need some advice.

..and happy new year.

-Cid

Advertisement
There have been new plays on the scorched earth idea. One company named Team17 made a series of games that were a mix between Lemmings & Scorched Earth called Worms, worms 2 and Worms Armegeddon games. You can download demos from www.team17.com
Joseph FernaldSoftware EngineerRed Storm Entertainment.------------------------The opinions expressed are that of the person postingand not that of Red Storm Entertainment.
Why not make a cross between chess and scorched earth.
At the beginning of the game, you place your tanks where you want on your territory and your opponent do the same thing. When the game start, you have the choice to fire or move. The goal would be to destroy the base, the king, of the opponent. It should be plyed on a 3d landscape in a turn based way.
How about that ?
---------------------------Unfortunately, no one can be told what a bug is.You have to see it for yourself...
Im working on a idea based on something like that... a scorched eart game with different units...
want to make it in 3d but i dont know how to do it...
I made a game that I never finished using the idea that scorched earth made... It only has 3 weapons but it was a start... Check out http://www.tiptup.com/
Ah, history... The Schorched Earth was absolutely one of the coolest shareware games that I played. I used to play it with my friends more than weeks, but then I just got bored for whole game. Still I think that it''s pretty cool, but something is missing... And now, after 4 years, I found "scorched earth 2"
It''s called TOTALTANK (If I remember right), and it''s not actually real game, it''s extra an extra game included with Duke Nukem 3D Sega Saturn version. Idea is to simply kill the enemy, but WOU it''s cool

Total Tank is realtime game, where you can drive your tanks, use "jump packs" and ofcourse shoot. The reason why I love that minigame is simply that it''s so addictive when both players really are facing total chaos :D

If you don''t want to create turnbased game, maybe you should add everything MUCH MORE than Scorched Earth. I ALWAYS wanned features like this for scorched earth:

-Moving tanks... Scorched Earth tanks just slide a bit
-Bases !
-Capture The Flag !
-Scrolling playfield with Parallax background
-Cool effects
-LOTS OF WEAPONS
-Team Deathmatch (was included in Scorched Earth)
-Different vehicles, commando, sniper, humm-vee etc.

Yap, think about those features

I liked the scorced eart very much until i got a new P2 400... i ran way to fast on my machine...
If you want an updated version of SE, go to http://www.randomlight.u4l.com
and youll see a brilliant game called Blast Radius. Its VERY VERY COOL!!!!

-DARKlight

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement