🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Top Down Shooter Release (Kick Ass If I may Say so mYself)

Started by
5 comments, last by Airwalker 23 years ago
I invite you all to try this new project I am working on. It's a version of a 3D game that I ported to two dimensions using a top down system. I hope that you all enjoy it. I worked very hard on it and can safely say that version 1 is now available. The url to download this is: http://bsdev.8k.com/shooter2d.html and click the download link. I hope that I can get alot of people to try it and tell me what you think. I have forums at my site http://bsdev.8k.com or you could post your replies right here. My contact information for bugs is Anthony@bsdev.8k.com -Anthony Wlodarski Bursting Star Development It went snap... Edited by - Airwalker on July 22, 2001 9:21:56 PM Edited by - Airwalker on July 22, 2001 9:23:18 PM
It went snap...
Advertisement
I might have bothered to actually download that and give feedback - but the link was broken.
Link still doesn''t work. Sounds like an interesting game though.
Hi Airwalker,

Finally got to download your demo not bad I know the shooter is in its very early stages but I would recommend alittle tweeking of the Bots speed they seem to be moving too fast and some more animation frames would be nice good job

PaulJ
Are the bots supposed to shoot back? Or have you just not implemented that feature yet? I would agree, the bot speed might need tweaking. Just make them a little slower so we can catch up with them. The controls feel a little odd at first, having the movement controlled with a few keys and the direction with the others, but it actually works pretty well for this game. Some more animation frames would be good, but not totally necessary. Nice work, anyway.
Good suggestions. Will take them all into account during future development. For bot speed they are the same speed as the player. I was also thinking of adding in variable speeds for each bot. Animation frames are comming it just happens that I suck at graphics.

It went snap...
It went snap...
Yeah, maybe if the bots moved one pixel less every time. If they move the same speed as the player, they can get away pretty easy because it takes the player a second or two to react to the bot turning directions or something.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement