🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Major Macintosh Game Programming Contest

Started by
0 comments, last by Camacho 23 years ago
iDevGames is proud to announce the official opening of uDevGame 2001, a new Macintosh game creation competition! Since its inception, iDevGames has been a stalwart supporter of game developers who write for the Apple Macintosh platform by providing news, articles, tutorials and a forum where advice and ideas can be freely exchanged. To help highlight the talents and abilities of our readership and the wider Macintosh game development community we have organized a new competition: uDevGame 2001. Simply write a game that runs on an Apple Macintosh computer and you could win prizes from a prize pool that retails at over $3700! Any game genre is welcomed and entries are permissible from anywhere in the world. The competition closes on September 16th 2001 and winners will be announced on October 1st 2001. "With the release of Mac OS X and new machines on the horizon, this is an exciting time to be a Macintosh game developer. We hope this contest will energize developers and enhance the state of gaming on our platform," said Carlos Camacho, Editor-in-Chief of iDevGames. More information about the competition and how to enter can be found at uDevGame 2001''s official home page: http://www.idevgames.com/html/contest/contest.php3 iDevGames would also like to thank and acknowledge the generous support provided by uDevGame 2001''s sponsors: Aladdin Systems, Inc. Eovia FaceSpan IK Multimedia Metrowerks Onyx Technology, Inc. Replica Technology STAZ Software Strata Software iDevGames was established on December 3rd 1998 to educate, support and enhance the community of programmers and designers that produce games for the Apple Macintosh platform. iDevGames aims to cover the needs of the professional and novice alike, as well as providing an interactive forum to help disperse the technical knowledge and experience of our readers to the whole community.
Carlos CamachoEditorwww.idevgames.com
Advertisement
Well, I know that I am excited about developing for the Mac. I will be getting a Titanium PowerBook G4 soon, and can''t wait to get started developing under MacOS X. I really believe that Mac OS X is a far better operating system to develope games for rather than Windows. I mean, it''s Unix. People really need to start realizing this, and move to MacOS X. It is better, period. I''m telling you, MacOS X is going to become very popular.

Edem Attiogbe
Edem Attiogbe

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement