🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Where to go after SAMS Learn C++ in 21 Days

Started by
14 comments, last by LX Liquid 22 years, 11 months ago
it says profesional when i load it up, and on the box. It was a hook up through the Comp. science class. I wouldn''t know the difference between it and the standard version, it just says professional on it, so thats what i figured. I could be wrong though.

-Greg, The lazy webmaster
-Greg, The lazy webmaster
Advertisement
I got the professional version at a student discount as well ($169 can). Its called an educational edition- not supposed to be used for commercial purposes. Just show a student id.
I''ll probably get myself a copied copy but if you can get a cheap student version in the UK that would be cool... I think the full package is about £75 ($100) over here but then to get the entire suite, C, C++, J++, VB etc. it''s a little over £500 or something.... too expensive really I reckon the updates should be free

Anyways does anybody have any problems when using the

#include "resource.h"

Command with DEV C++, I''ve tried putting the header in the Includes folder and it doesn''t work, and i''ve tried adding an extra DIR for the compiler options but that pops up and error with some cannot find the folder rubbish. ??? Any ideas anybody?

What do you mean Puddled!?
What do you mean Puddled!?
lol, I got VC++ 6.0 professional version for $20, brand new, never opened! The store kept lowering it down because noone would buy it, and I bought it when it got to $20. They also had Visual Basic (not sure which version) for $25. My friend told me to get VC++, and here I am today...

Marrob
Marrob Kre''SharRPG Programmer
Im reading C Programming in 12 easy lessons and using Dev C++. I ran into a similar problem. Im only on lesson 2 where its introducing you to header files. I wrote my header file and compiled it giving it the header ext. I put it into the Include folder so that it could be recognized. When I call it up and compile the program it gives me the same result that you get. And all that it consists of is three printf function calls.

I was considering getting Vis C++ but all those nice student rates dont apply to me. I was going to get the Codewarrior compilers for Playstation and Playstation2 until I saw the prices. Im just beginning to learn programming so I really dont know what the best course of action is here.

How is Teach yourself C++ in 21 days? Ive haerd they say alot about C in there. If so It would be the perfect transitional element in my learning C++.
If they thought Mortal Kombat was bad wait'll they get a load a my creation.
don''t put resource.h in includes....
just put it in the same folder as your source files... it should include from there fine. I have been using Dev-C++ for some time now, and I have not had an problems with it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement