🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Where to go after SAMS Learn C++ in 21 Days

Started by
14 comments, last by LX Liquid 22 years, 11 months ago
I''m currently reading and learning C++ from Sams Teach Yourself C++ in 21 Days and wondered where I should go next. Should I get a complete Code/library resource for C++ of some kind? Should I get a book on Win Application making with C++ or just use Internet tutorials and Microsoft Site for learning that. Then what else can I learn other than Direct X, Open GL??? Is that it or are there more library''s or something? Thanks Guys What do you mean Puddled!?
What do you mean Puddled!?
Advertisement
Just get tricks of the windows game programming gurus.

- Goblineye Entertainment
I''ve been reading up and that does seem like the best route

The main thing I wondered is that the book seems to deal with C programming, how different is it to program in C++

Could I just put in C++ code and it''ll work fine or should I change the code in some form?
That was me I just forgot to put in my Username
I too have SAMS teahc yourself C++ in 21 days.

Was just wondering what compiler are you using with it?
I''m Using DEV C++ from BloodShed Software but I hope to get MSVC soon.
I have Sams Teach Yourself C++ in 21 Days (Day 8, starting to get a little confusing!), and I''m using Dev-C++ too. Hopefully when I get better at programming I''ll buy MSVC (how much does it ¢o$t?).

><[[[''> ~ Insert signature here ~ <'']]]><
Anonymous Programmer
it costs around $100. but if your a student, you can do what i did, and get the student discount. I got the proffesional version for a little under $30.

-Greg, The lazy webmaster
-Greg, The lazy webmaster
70% savings!?! (Yeah, I''m a student) How do you get the student discount? thanx.

Anonymous Programmer
Anonymous Programmer
The standard edition costs about $100. I think you get a $50 rebate too, so that''s down to $50. Not bad. I''m not sure what the Academic pricing is. bracken, did you really get the Professional edition ffor under $30? The price M$ has posted online is $549. I find that a little hard to believe, but if it''s true that''s one hell of a deal!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement