🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Crystal Interactive Stuff

Started by
3 comments, last by Jason Starr 22 years, 12 months ago
From what I have read on the matter I would not even consider Crystal Interactive for anything I am going to be selling. To find a bug (small I am assuming) 3 months after he got the gold disk is bad enough, but even now, almost a year later to still not have received any money from them selling it is an outrage. I don''t know how this company can still be around if this is their common practice, I feel sorry for all the developers that have signed up with them. -Jason Starr- --------------- Freeze Software ---------------
---------------Freeze Software---------------
Advertisement
one comment.. dont believe everything you read!!!

The publisher isnt going to want to sell a game that has obvious bugs, they return it to the developer to sort them out, even the big professional developers get there games returned several times to fix bugs.. Also you cant just get games into stores straight away, you need to design appropriate packaging, then convince the stores that they should be putting this game in there stores and that it will sell... getting value/budget software into stores can be much harder than for AAA titles.. even when you do that, the publisher only gets paid for what actually gets sold through the stores.

Anyway.. im really getting sick off these threads bitching about CI.
quote: Original post by Anonymous Poster
one comment.. dont believe everything you read!!!

The publisher isnt going to want to sell a game that has obvious bugs,

that, my friend, is a load of used donkeys'' diapers. the list of games (and software in general) shipping with a plethora of known bugs is so huge I wouldn''t even try fitting it in my head.

not talking of any company in particular.

quote:
Anyway.. im really getting sick off these threads bitching about CI.

you''re not alone there.
that was me, btw. forgot to fill out the username-field. heh. lol.

--Gunnar
Damn, people. Get over it.

If you have a legitimate business question or topic, post away.

If all you''re going to do is piss on CI, or some other publisher--or developer--find some other place to do it.

Show some professionalism.

DavidRM
Samu Games

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement