🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

wahoo!!

Started by
0 comments, last by Gaming_god 22 years, 11 months ago
hey people this is my first time in the forum. anyway im finally learning C/C++ i had to get 2 books to understand however i havent finished the books yet and im going through them slowly.the books i have are teach yourself C in 21 day and teach yourseld c++ in 21 days.the conpilers i use a djgpp and dev c++ and aventually im going to learn the libraris direct x,opengl and allegro(im going to try and learn asm as well).im also part of internet vide gaming team http://pixidream.iquebec.com/ and having a great time learning vidoe gaming from them however there site is in french.so i ende up learnig alot more then what i wanted to and made internet friends on the way howevr im still a complete newbie and haven''t written a game yet but im trying really hard id like to be more of a game designed then anything howevr i wanna do every thin will a bit of every thing.if anybody has any info on somthing that might help me a long the way it would be great such as books ,code ,art techniques whatever i would appreciate it.i have some other question that i hope some body may be able to answer is getting into the game industy hard and are you always having fun? from brett/gaming_god
^-^
Advertisement
Advice part 1: Format your posts at least a little better so we can read them. I imagine that more than a few newbies have been shot down simply because nobody can understand them.

Advice part 2: You can find plenty of articles on art and code here on GameDev; for art, we had a little discussion about texturing techniques in the Visual Arts forum.

Advice part 3: Mmm...From what I''ve read, getting into the gaming industry straight out of school isn''t that likely, because most companies require that programmers signing on have at least 2 years of experience coding. For designing, I read that most start out in the QA department or somewhere lower down, and then as they gain experience in the company and the industry, they may be able to get promoted into the design department.

Books: The Teach yourself in 21 days books will be good...if you want to do game programming you''ll probably want to get a few books on DirectX or OpenGL, or the Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus. Try clicking on the "For Beginners" link on the nav bar to see a list of other books and resources that would be good for you.

Hope some of this helps you.
--

WNDCLASSEX Reality;
Reality.lpfnWndProc=ComputerGames;
RegisterClassEx(&Reality);

Unable to register Reality...what''s wrong?
---------
Dan Upton
Lead Designer
WolfHeart Software
WNDCLASSEX Reality;......Reality.lpfnWndProc=ComputerGames;......RegisterClassEx(&Reality);Unable to register Reality...what's wrong?---------Dan Uptonhttp://0to1.orghttp://www20.brinkster.com/draqza

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement