🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Test my telnet client

Started by
4 comments, last by Martee 23 years, 1 month ago
Hey everybody, I''m currently working on a writing a telnet client. It is now at a usable stage, and I would appreciate it if a few people could test it out. Although it works properly (somewhat), it doesn''t provide any real terminal emulation (e.g. VT100). So you can''t use it to run programs such as Pine. Download it here (full source code included). (And yes, I know, this has absolutely nothing to do with game development ) ~~~~~~~~~~ Martee
ReactOS - an Open-source operating system compatible with Windows NT apps and drivers
Advertisement
Do you know any good servers (MUDS or something) that I can test it with?
No ... that''s why I''m asking for help with testing
I have only tested it on my University''s telnet servers.

~~~~~~~~~~
Martee
ReactOS - an Open-source operating system compatible with Windows NT apps and drivers
www.mudconnect.com

Y.
It works ok on win2k sp2 and my uni server.
But it does not accept the Delete Key on my british keyboard.
But when typing the Terminal type it does not accept backspace or the delete key so u have to get it right first time.
It also does not like it if you type "logout" to quit the server. Typing this causes a fatal crash.
Will have a look at the source later when I have some time.

+---------------------------------------------+
| "Hard work never killed anyone but I figure |
| why take the chance?" Ronald Regan |
+---------------------------------------------+
+---------------------------------------------+| "Hard work never killed anyone but I figure || why take the chance?" Ronald Regan |+---------------------------------------------+
Thanks! That''s exactly the kind of info I''m looking for. I haven''t experienced any of those issues, but I will look into all of them.

~~~~~~~~~~
Martee

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement