🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Royalties

Started by
2 comments, last by phaedrus 23 years ago
I have been offered a royalties deal by a web site that wants to sell my 3D models as add ons for MS Train Simulator. Does anyone know what kind of deal I should be expecting? Help appreciated. Phaedrus@claranet.co.uk
Advertisement
quote: Original post by phaedrus

I have been offered a royalties deal by a web site that wants to sell my 3D models as add ons for MS Train Simulator. Does anyone know what kind of deal I should be expecting?

Help appreciated.

Phaedrus@claranet.co.uk

There are no real standards for that kind of this. Plus, even if there we''re itll always be a personal decision for you. If the deal sounds fine, and theres a way for you to get ownership back (if its exclusive) if they dont sell enough, then it should be fine as long as youre comfortable with it.

Some money is often better than no money though.
I have sold 3d models for a flight sim last year and I asked for a price per model (price depending on complexity). They were also thinking about paying me in royalties but I didn''t/don''t know enough about the subject so go into that further with them.

I can imagine that royalties take a long time to get back to you though since the publisher needs to get the sale results first. And since you won''t see "the books" you''ll never be sure if you''re getting what you should.

Price per model gives you money right away but you might get less if the game goes "platinum".
Hi Ikraan,

I also want to develop 3d models, how can I find customers?

Thanx,

Spikey

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement